From this lecture I discovered that you need to know a lot to be able to Concept art, things such as knowing how to do both 2D and 3Da art are important, as well as being well versed in anatomy and how to draw architecture. Concept art is in fact 90% research but it has its benefits. I also learned that in the industry, studios don't care how its done as long as it gets done.
You have to look for a work flow that suits you and you have to spend time with 3D software as it is useful for character design, all in all, you just have to keep developing your skills, specializing in something is useful too and you have to research your chosen specialty.
I discovered that when you make a game there is a tough learning curve. An artist has to design, model texture and animate everything and you have to be ready for some harsh critique, with things like these in mind you can't be too ambitious.
No comments:
Post a Comment